St Francis' original web site had proved very useful in communicating the aims of the charity and for providing a platform where rescued animals could be seen and rehomed.
Unfortunately the site was difficult to extend and maintain so we provided a responsive, modern and extensible site which included all of the features that an animal rescue needs.
About St Francis Animal Rescue
St. Francis Animal Rescue is well known around South Shields for the work it does with animals.
Their main priority is the collection of sick and injured animals, providing veterinary treatment to rehabilitate them.
The Project: St Francis web site redevelopment
Animal charities rely exclusively on the generous donations of members of the public to be able to continue their work. For rehoming organisations like St Francis being able to engage with their supporters, attract volunteers and get rescued animals rehomed quickly is as equally important.
The design of a web site therefore had to be visually attractive, allow the latest news and animals to be forefront and to allow their supporters to engage with the information.
St Francis now has a responsive and feature rich web site. The main features of the site are:
- A Home page with the latest information summarised in one place
- Animal bio and descriptions
- Animals for rehoming can have multiple images and video
- Views of the latest and featured animals
- Online rehoming application forms
- Lost and Found animals
- Supporters can register with the site to receive newsletters or to post comments
- Mailing lists
- Links to Twitter, YouTube, Facebook
- News and newsletter publishing
- Events listing and calendar for fundraising events
- RSS feeds
- SEO submissions to search engines
- Integrated analytics reporting on visitor numbers and behaviour
Project factsFrom initial discussions to the new web site going live took six weeks. This included migrating the content of the old site to the new one.
Thank you again for your kindness and generosity with regards to building this website for us. Its likely something we couldn't have afforded and would never have had the confidence to delve into without your very patient guidance!